High quality of poultry meat based on safety and strict standards was the priority while setting out the objectives of the QAFP system. In order to meet the obligatory standards, all links in the production chain need to satisfy all quality requirements set out as part of the system. The factors which guarantee maintenance of a constantly high level of quality include:
- Substantive resources on which the QAFP system is based – the project was created in collaboration with a selected group of specialists from the sector and scientists who developed its objectives and provisions in accordance with applicable EU standards, current poultry production practices and expectations of modern consumers.
- Complex certification process – it is an open system, which means that companies make a voluntary and conscious decision to make the effort of complying with additional quality standards (apart from applicable national and EU requirements). All producers are obliged to complete the same challenging certification and inspection process.
- Quality specifications of all QAFP products – which involve verification of products by an independent supervisory body at least once a year.
- Strict requirements applicable to all stages of production – rearing and fattening as well as production, packaging, labelling, distribution and sale of products bearing the QAFP logo only take place at farms which have been certified to confirm implementation of strict standards at all stages of production.
- Strict regulations with regard to fodder and meat additives – one of the key assumptions of the QAFP system is an absolute ban on adding antibiotics, hormones and growth promoters, and on injecting water and other additives to meat.
- Control system – certified producers are subjected to regular inspections and obligatory audits. The results of the inspections are well documented and analysed. Even the smallest deviations from the norm disqualify the final product and prevent it from receiving the QAFP mark.
- Full production transparency – one of the key objectives of the QAFP system is complete transparency – at all stages of the production process from “farm to fork”, which prevents producers from avoiding or omitting any requirements.
- Obligation to ensure repeatable high quality of the end product – a cornerstone of the QAFP system is to offer consumers a safe repeatable product with a uniquely good taste.